Anatomy of a To-Do list

Artist Daughter is coming over today to help, so I made a to-do list.  It started out rather optimistically, with the date at the top and an empty box bullet for each item, to be checked off as complete.  This suggests, of course, that we will make it through the list today.  All of it.

Somewhere about halfway down the page, I started to feel uncertain about the possibility of actually completing the list in one day... note the asterisk and question marks appearing there.  An asterisk means, My Man wants to supervise this one -- we'll have to wait till he's home.  A question mark means... yes, we need to move these things, but where to? After the mid-list pause, I resigned myself to the fact this would be more of a pick-and-choose list and even included "mop the kitchen floor" as a wishful thinking add-on.  The list ends where does, quite honestly, only because it is the end of the page. There didn't seem to be much point in continuing on the back side or starting a new page, as I'll likely end up rewriting many of the same items again on tomorrow's list.  Or maybe I'll just scratch out the date and write in a new one each day until the page is blissfully full of check marks! Yes, that's what I'll do, or I might never have the satisfaction of seeing a completed to-do list at the end of a day! I'll let you know when we get there!

Comments