Waiting for Godot...

Tomorrow we'll have our 2nd city inspection.  This one is for drain tiles;  the first was for forms.  This is how the first one went -- I called early the day before, hoping to be first in line for the day.  I phoned the hotline the day of to hear we were scheduled for some time that morning and then I waited. And worried. And waited some more. And then fretted that maybe the inspector couldn't see the city's white sign with our house number on it -- the one I pasted in the window at the advice of the builder and backhoe operator even though the rules say it must be visible from the street and there is actually a massive blue spruce between the street and the window -- and I waited some more. Then I called the hotline again but nothing had changed so I continued to wait until about 1:30ish when the inspector finally showed up and I fretted the whole time he was inspecting and in the end, he was actually quite sweet. And tomorrow I suspect that whole scenario will repeat itself again.

It reminded me of the classic play, but, for those of you who don't remember studying Samuel Beckett in high school, I give you this:

Comments

  1. Your Man's Older Sister said...1 August 2011 at 18:22

    Are you MuseARTS???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Man's Older Sister5 August 2011 at 10:32

    Well, you are clever enough to be so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We understand completely! Joop and I are working on a complete collection of absurd, bizarre and incomprehensible interactions with the local commune.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment