Groundhog Day!

The groundhogs have spoken and they are all in agreement -- spring is on its way! But who needs a rodent with a ridiculous name to tell you that? The hardiest of my garden inhabitants have been whispering it to me already...

From those just poking out for a peek at the sun, like the sedum and peony:


to the leafy start of the hardy geranium:


to the unopened buds of the sweet woodruff and rhododendron:





















to the already blooming viola:


to my favourite:
This little snapdragon was hiding in the corner and seemed to miss the notice that winter had come -- he just never stopped blooming at all!


Comments

  1. Older sister of your man5 February 2013 at 08:35

    Lucky DoOver! We still have snow - piles of snow! You have, however, inspired me to go out and see if there are any little hidden treasures popping up in our yard. Also, my Christmas Cactus is in full bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm envious now -- my Christmas Cactus refuses to do anything for me!

      Delete
  2. Older sister of your man7 February 2013 at 08:36

    I started fertilizing with a fertilizer that promotes blooming back in November. I didn't think it was going to work because it didn't result in blooms until now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment