"when life gives you lemons...

...make lemonade."


So the saying goes.

So when life -- notably a birthday, a teacher thank you gift, and an anniversary -- gave us a plethora of salal leaves, I figured it was a sign I should make a salal wreath; something I haven't done in a long time.

Salal grows wild around here, so in the past I've always hunted and gathered my supplies -- I have to admit, florist quality salal is a far cry from the hunter/gatherer variety; the leaves are huge and beautifully spaced along gently arching stems. Nice!







And that's it! All in about the time it takes to make, say, lemonade!

Comments

  1. Older Sister of Your Man5 June 2013 at 18:47

    The salal almost looks like kaffir lime leaves. It is lovely. As it changes color with time, it will still look beautiful above the mantle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment