as they say in the song

Anyone who listens to Canadian music will know this tune. In fact I'll bet just as many Canadians can sing along to the chorus as can sing the proper words to the national anthem.
They played it on the radio the other day for a singalong moment and maybe that's why it came to mind when Baker Son asked me WHY I was making my own curry powder. It's not that I didn't have any in the cupboard. It's just like this:

If I Had $1000000
We wouldn't have to walk to the store
If I Had $1000000
We'd take a limousine 'cause it costs more
If I Had $1000000
We wouldn't have to eat Kraft Dinner
(But we would eat Kraft Dinner. Of course we would, we'd just eat more...)

Nope, I did not win the lottery, and maybe the lyrics aren't as relevant as the seemed in my head.... But, I made my own curry powder because... I COULD... because I had the time! and the recipe! and I wanted to! It's the best reason in the world.




And when those toasted, ground spices met up with these brilliant vegetables....


Mmmmm. A match made in heaven!

Note: the recipe is from the Chez Piggy Cookbook, Chez Piggy being a very classy restaurant in Kingston, Ontario that, sadly, I never actually ate in as my student budget at the time did not allow for such extravagance.

If only I'd had $1000000...

Comments