As predicted in this little post way back when, it has taken a loooong time to finish this one. In the end I spent a marathon day last Sunday completing the last of the quilting and then binding it. I've developed quite a nice callus on my left index finger that I should really work at maintaining -- maybe a New Year's promise to myself. The photos are harsh... I didn't have the chance to take them in natural light, but better bad pictures than none at all I suppose!
(wow, the camera has a hard time figuring out what to do with this pattern!)
and a few details I quite like;
the binding, for example, switches from green to yellow to match the background fabric
(and, ahem, because there actually wasn't enough green left)
I switched from traditional outlining style to some free form lines in the background between the fans.
I will definitely do more of this for the next project.
(for an explanation of the quilt's name, see the link at the top of the this post)
I really wish Beverly could have seen it.
Goodbye, little quilt, I'm going to miss you.