playing in the corners

I rarely say I'm working in the garden. I always say I'm going outside to play because really that's how it feels. Even if it's back-breaking, finger-cramping, dirt-under-the-fingernails stuff, ultimately, it's for fun.

Recently we've been playing with some of the out-of-the-way corners of the yard and some old "found" objects.


This is the ladder from the old raised play house -- we always called it a tree-house, though technically it wasn't, because it was hidden in the trees at the back of the yard. The play house came down with the house renos, and the shed now sits in its place, but we saved the ladder. I love the green patina it has.

I rounded up some old terracotta pots, with similar character, and filled them with shade loving plants.




I've put an odd assortment of pavers in the back corner -- again, things that have been sitting around since before we bought the place -- and a few more shade-lovers that will hopefully be happy enough to fill in the emptiness in a season or two.   


Meanwhile, my guy made these orbs from rusted barrel rings and hung them in other (visually) quiet spots in the yard...



 Now, how could any of that be called "work"?!

Comments

Post a Comment