wire chicken 2.0

Early last year, when I dreamt of having chickens -- but thought there was no way we would ever actually get them -- I squished together a bundle of chicken wire My Guy gave me ("for an art project") and made a loosely chicken-shaped sculpture for the garden. It wasn't great, but it was swallowed up quickly by the expanding catmint and pretty much forgotten about when THE REAL CHICKENS arrived! Sigh. I do miss them.


We are not hosting backyard birds this year, so I've gone back to my wire creation and spruced her up a bit, including a scribbly red wire wattle and comb for realism.


She's not hiding in the catmint anymore either -- I've put her where the girls used to peck around.


A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a website asking me to link to a page on their site. Their mandate is to "make all the world's art accessible to anyone" -- wow, that's a big task.  They feature many artists and sell art by commission. So, if anyone out there wants to drop a cool $9,000 on a Dale Chihuly glass sculpture for their garden, contact me and I'll send you the link. But first, I'd suggest you look for a local artist's work for something truly original. Or, grab some scrap wire and make something yourself!

Comments

  1. Older Sister of Your Man3 May 2018 at 20:33

    Oh my goodness. Is there nothing you can't do??? You can even turn old chicken wire and rusty bike chains into ART!! Art that people would pay for! Honestly - there is no end to my admiration for all that DoOver does. And yeah, I missed the girls too when I was there recently. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in all honesty the bike chain rusted itself artistically and the wire was really just waiting for it's inner chicken to be revealed... I'm more of an opportunist than anything. But thanks for the enthusiasm!

      Delete

Post a Comment