No Deal

Saturday night, I picked up Environmental Son and his date from Prom.  As we drove up to his date's house, it was about 3:15 a.m. There was obviously very little traffic in this suburban neighbourhood at that time of day, but a car followed us in a couple side-streets and right into the cul-de-sac.  I stopped in front of her house, and the car pulled up close behind.... the driver was so eager, his car rolled forward as he got out.  He walked up to the passenger side, opened the door and raised one hip to climb in... then looked up to see three of us, mid-conversation, staring at him.  "Oh," he said, "I'm meeting someone else..."  He shut the door, returned to his car, and drove away. Can a car "slink away sheepishly?", becasue I'm pretty sure this one did. I don't know if he was the "dealer" or the "dealee".... but I am sure he'd want a do-over on that evening!

Comments